Down To Earth Coconut Coir Fiber
Coconut Coir Fiber is an ecologically friendly byproduct of the coconut processing industries of Sri Lanka and India. Coconut husks that used to be discarded are now being turned into one of the worlds finest organic horticultural growing mediums. Coconut Coir is a completely renewable resource and a much needed alternative to bog dredged peat moss.
- Coir holds up to 10 times its weight in water and does not repel water like peat moss
- Coir resists compaction and allows excellent water and air infiltration
- Coir has a natural pH of 5.4 to 6.8
- Coir is naturally weed and pathogen free and resists mold and bacterial growth
- Coir aids in the rapid growth and root development of transplants
This medium shredded fiber and pith combination is an all purpose grade for use in potting mediums, transplant and container mixes and for adding to garden soils or composts as a bulking agent. Ideal for use in soilless and hydroponic applications or as an alternative to coarse peat moss.
8"L x 4"W x 2"H, approx. 1.6 lb